Brent M. Brumley | Attorney At Law
Brent M. Brumley | Attorney At Law
Call for a Free Consultation

Call for a Free Consultation

Free background information available upon request.
Aggressive, effective legal counsel

Jackson Probation Violation Defense Lawyer

Violating the terms of your probation is a serious and urgent matter. The judge will likely revoke your probation and make you serve the original sentence. If you violated probation by committing a new crime, you could be doubly punished.

The law firm of Brent M. Brumley Attorney at Law can help. We take proactive steps to deal with the new charges and the probation violation. Our goal is to get you a second chance or minimize the consequences of breaking probation.

Our Jackson criminal defense lawyer practices in the State of Mississippi area and surrounding counties of Central Mississippi. Contact us immediately to protect yourself.

New Charges · Violating Terms · Failure To Appear In Court

We can help no matter what you supposedly did to violate your probation:

  • Committing a crime
  • Failing a urine test for drugs or alcohol
  • Disobeying terms of probation (stay out of bars, e.g.)
  • Quitting a drug/alcohol treatment program
  • Not fulfilling community service
  • Not paying fines and fees
  • Not reporting to your probation officer
  • Not showing up for court appearances

The most common violation is committing a new crime. If you are convicted of the new offense and your probation is revoked, the court may impose the original jail sentence plus additional jail time. In fact, you can be sent to jail or prison before the offense is formally charged. That is why it is critical to talk to a lawyer right away.

Experienced Criminal Defense In Central Mississippi

Attorney Brent M. Brumley uses his 30 years of experience in criminal defense to your advantage:

— If you are accused of a new crime, we will ask the court to postpone the probation revocation hearing until the new offense is adjudicated. We will do everything we can to get the new charges dismissed or downgraded. In many cases, we can negotiate a package deal on the new charge and the probation to limit the punishment.

— If you are accused of violating the terms of probation, we will try to get you back into the good graces of the court to earn a second chance. While waiting for your revocation hearing, it may help to pay fines, submit to tests and otherwise show the court you are making an effort. We have also helped clients get into inpatient treatment programs as an alternative to jail.

Violation of probation carries harsh punishment. We offer a free, confidential consultation. Call Jackson probation violation defense attorney Brent M. Brumley at 601-208-0137 or 800-896-4994 or contact us online.

Accused Of A Crime?
Send Us A Message